Sunday 1 July 2012

Veil Made of Lego

I had a lot of mind changing when it came to veils. I had already decided to put Lego flower embellishments on my dress, but when I decided I wanted a cathedral length veil -since I didn't want my dress to have a train- I thought my Lego flowers would be better suited to the veil.

Being the type of person who refuses to pay four figures for a wedding dress, I wasn't about to pay three, or even two figures for a veil. So I hit up ebay in search of a cheap veil and happened across this:



For the grand total for £5.25.

What I didn't realise was those were actually pearl bead detailing and not crystals. But no matter, they were glued on horribly with a glue gun in big globs anyway. To be expected for what I only paid a fiver for I suppose.



I spent the rest of the day melting the glued on pearls with an iron. It took ages and the glue left some marks in places, so I really don't recommend doing that, if I hadn't had different detailing to cover it up it probably would have been ruined.

So the lesson is, cheap veils from china are a bargain, IF they don't have beads/crystals on. Lesson learned for me, but luckily I'm still able to make good use of it!



These are my Lego flowers complete with gems ready to go on the veil.

Turns out, I had to use a glue gun to put them on the veil with. I tried fabric glue and super glue, but it just wasn't sticking. Even when dry they just peeled right off. Hot glue from the glue gun worked a charm though. I just made sure to put very small amounts on and then pressed a tiny bit of white organza on the back so the glue had something to bond to on both sides.



And there it is!

You probably noticed from the first picture the veil doesn't have a comb. I need to get one for it. I've already trimmed and gathered it ready for a comb. I plan to wear it under bun style and not over the face. So the top came off and cut to a length to fit my not quite 5'3 height. I just need to find a wire comb for it now.

Pretty pleased with it overall!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stopped by and liked what you saw? Leave a comment and let me know! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...