Wednesday 25 July 2012

Decorations Made of Paper

Got something a little different for you all today.

Since there's so much for this wedding we're doing DIY we wanted to continue that throughout. I had been swooning over paper bouquets and general paper craft for a while when I came across this Martha Stewart wallpaper decoration idea.

I was smitten with the idea because it's such a simple way to have matching decor and for a much cheaper price than going the whole professional venue dressing route.

We searched for months looking for a wallpaper we wanted to use. But finding wallpaper in sky blue has been nigh on impossible. So eventually we decided to try wrapping paper instead. BING! Success.


Perfect colour and just the sort of pattern I had in mind.

I wanted to make some bunting/garlands with it to hang around the venue.

The idea is to have a bow at the top of each heart garland.
Here's a better picture of the bow:

If anyone is interested in how to make these you can find a tutorial here
And here's a close up picture of the Garland/bunting:



Tutorial for these can be found here
They're really really easy to make and they're so cute!

Also planning to make napkin rings out of the same paper. I've got a rough one I made out of some scrap paper so you'll have to use your imagination a bit for this one!


You can find a tutorial on these here

And saved the best till last. A full mock up of our table centres using the paper as a sort of 'table runner'
I'm so pleased with it. It's amazing when things you make come out just as you imagined. DIYing everything is so rewarding. Though I may need to gather some people round to help me with all this paper folding!

Sorry for the lack of updates recently, planning seems to have it's peaks and lags and I only really post when I have something worth showing. Keep checking back though!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stopped by and liked what you saw? Leave a comment and let me know! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...