Monday 26 March 2012

Lego Take on a Wishing Tree

On review of our budget we realised we need to tackle the subject of the guest book. We originally didn't have anything Lego like for this and it wasn't until we were googling around for a plain old guest book that we came across tags for wishing trees.

I wasn't keen on wishing tree's when I first saw them so I hadn't even considered it as a possibility.

However!

My husband to be came up with a great idea on how we can use Lego to make our own unique 'wishing tree.'

Not so much a tree but a big flat base that can sit on an easel.




On the base plate he designed an image to go on this. Very cleverly he made up a mosaic of our venue!




The Wishing Board Design




Our Venue


How amazing is that?!

The tags with be on a string that is also tied to a brick like this.






Thus our guests will be able to write on their tags and stick the Lego to the board!




After the wedding we'll be able to frame the board and keep it as a memento of the day!

So there you have it. Lego take on a wishing tree, with the benefits of a both a normal guest book and a signing frame!

This is one of our Lego projects I'm really excited about!

2 comments:

  1. How did it look with everyone's wishes on them? I love this idea!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://legobride.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/lego-wishing-board-finished.html

      I added some pictures of it on the day here :)

      Delete

Stopped by and liked what you saw? Leave a comment and let me know! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...