Thursday 8 March 2012

Why Lego? & List of Lego ideas!

Well,

This wasn't an idea we had from the start. It kind of took on a life of its own. We really weren't keen on a copy and paste wedding and wanted to incorporate as much personality into our day as we could. We were discussing what kind of table centre pieces we should go for and my husband-to-be mentioned in passing that maybe we should make something out of Lego.

He's a big fan of Lego and the idea quickly grew on me. Lego would allow us to be so creative. The next thing I knew I was Googling 'Lego weddings' and was thrilled by the idea of flowers made of Lego.




Any thoughts of having real flowers on our day were quickly dispelled. This was going to be a flower free wedding and any and all flowers at our wedding were from then on, going to be made of Lego.

Lego have a 3D building program called LEGO Digital Designer which I got myself onto to design some flowers.

Centre Piece, Button Hole, Corsage ideas
My bouquet idea

One of the main things about having a Lego theme that was important to me was to keep it elegant and to keep our colour scheme. I hope the flowers look good enough that people will have to look twice before they realise that it's Lego they're looking at!

So Lego flowers are the key part to our Lego theme but we do have some other ideas that incorporate Lego.

While I was on the Digital Designer I also knocked up some MR & MRS letters for the top table.



We're also going to go with really simple but still Lego incorporated invites



For our favours we've got some Lego ice trays just like this one. We'll be making up some chocolate Lego bricks and Mini Figs with these and putting them into favour boxes made to look like old school Lego buckets- But in our sky blue colour scheme.






And of course make good use of our cake topper bought for us by my lovely sister-in-law-to-be.



Our wedding cake isn't going to be anything Lego special. Just a plain white three tier sponge trimmed with blue ribbon and decorated with a few of the flowers above.

So these are the main Lego ideas we have so far. There are still some finer details to be thought of. My jewellery for the day, shoes, head piece and the grooms men's cuff links will all involve Lego but these things have yet to be thought of in detail and will have to wait for another post!



1 comment:

Stopped by and liked what you saw? Leave a comment and let me know! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...